The 1350 member Colorado Counseling Association (CCA) is an active state branch of the 60,000 member American Counseling Association and is currently positioned as one of the country's leading professional membership organizations in the field of mental health, joined by the National Association of Social Workers - CO (NASWCO), the Colorado Association for Marriage and Family Therapists (COAMFT), and the Colorado Association for Addiction Professionals (CAAP).
The Colorado Counseling Association exists today because of all of the wonderful volunteers that have made meaningful contributions over the past 20 years.
In the more recent history, the CCA was inspired by past presidents:
- Michelle Stevens, MA, LPC, JD- 2011-2012
- Dale Piper, PsyD, LPC- 2012-2013
- Linda Osterlund, PhD, LMFT- 2013-2014
- Sean Boyd, MA, LPC - 2014-2015
- Marc Coulter, MA, LPC - 2015-2016
- Jamie Davila, MA, LPC - 2016-2017
- Julaine Field, Ph.D., LPC, NCC - 2017-2018
The CCA is currently supported by Executive Staff who serve at the pleasure of the Governing Council:
- Sean Boyd, MA, LPC - Executive Director