Counseling Sexual Assault Survivors
This weekend course offers to participants the basics of counseling sexual assault survivors. We begin with an overview of relevant statistics, and definitions of common terms used in trauma therapy. Some of the legal aspects will be introduced: reporting to law enforcement officials, forensic exams, and court processes. Body-centered exercises will support counseling skills and basic trauma healing guidance. Do's and Dont's when working with clients who are survivors, and many examples of helpful and harmful interventions will be discussed. Participants will receive resources and acquire foundational trauma treatment techniques to immediately take into their professional practice.
- comprehend the pervasiveness of sexual assault in our culture.
- be able to identify the fundamental impact of this type of trauma on survivors.
- be able to describe how the trauma from sexual assault causes dysregulation in the body through the lens of neuroscience.
- be aware of types of interventions that are likely to be harmful and helpful
- be able to provide basic therapeutic interventions to sexual assault survivors.
- Students and Early Bird (before 3.1.20) - $325
- After 3.1.20- $360
- Discount: 4 or more members of the same school/organization - $20
Flyer: CSAS Training Flyer.pdf